Thursday September 5, 2019 (10am PST / 1pm EST)
Collaborating with young people means getting creative and thinking outside the box. Join this free 1-hour webinar hosted by Safe Routes Partnership and Vision Zero Network to learn how to engage and empower youth in Vision Zero initiatives. Panelists with share their experiences building effective partnerships between schools and community organizations to create youth-centered safety programs. Learn how a Los Angeles organization is inspiring a life-long love of cycling in young people via P.E. Bicycling Classes. Discover the fun world of traffic gardens, also known as safety towns, and how they are transforming bike education around the DC Metro region. Celebrate youth entrepreneurs who are using fashion and design to advance safe transportation their community. Register via this link.
- Leah Shahum, Executive Director, Vision Zero Network
- Tana Ball, Founder and Executive Director, Youth Educational Sports, Inc. (Los Angeles, CA)
- Shanette Covington, Educational Consultant, CDMA Business Model (Washington, DC)
- Kori Johnson, DC Community Engagement Manager, Safe Routes Partnership (Washington, DC)
- Fionnuala Quinn, Founder, Discover Traffic Gardens (Reston, VA)